Admissions & Records

Back to SBCC


Students at Commencement

Spring 2014 diplomas and certificates are now available at Admissions & Records

In order to receive a diploma through Admissions & Records, a student must have been awarded an Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or Skills Competency Award. Submit the Application for Degree or Certificate of Achievement to the Counseling Center. To obtain a Skills Competency Award Application, contact the Counseling Center or visit SS-120.

When will my diploma be ready?

Unless otherwise posted:

For degrees and certificates awarded in the Fall semester, diplomas are available no sooner than late March
For degrees and certificates awarded in the Spring semester, diplomas are available no sooner than late September
For degrees and certificates awarded in the Summer semester, diplomas are available no sooner than late October

Diplomas for degrees and certificates awarded for prior semesters are generally available within two to three weeks after they are posted to a student's academic record. The availability of Skills Competency Awards will vary by program and completion date. To confirm that your diploma, certificate, or SCA is available, please call (805) 965-0581 ext. 2956 or email

Where do I go to pick up my diploma?

Visit Admissions & Records, SS-110, and be sure to bring a photo ID. There is no charge for your original diploma. Diplomas will not be released if you have outstanding financial obligations to SBCC.

If you are unable to come to campus, you may designate another person to pick up your diploma. The designee will need to bring written permission from you and a copy of your photo ID, along with his/her ID.

Can my diploma be mailed to me?

Yes, if you complete the Diploma/Certificate/SCA Mailing Request form. Submit the completed form and a check (payable to SBCC) for the mailing fee to Admissions & Records. You may also choose to have the mailing fee charged directly to your Pipeline account. The mailing fee is $6.50 to U.S. addresses and $10 to international addresses.

I earned degrees in more than one major last semester. Will I receive a diploma for each?

Multiple degrees of the same type (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Certificate of Achievement) earned in the same semester will be printed on one diploma. There is no additional charge for mailing multiple diplomas in one order. If you wish to have your degrees printed on separate diplomas, additional charges will apply. Call (805) 965-0581 ext. 2956 or visit Admissions & Records for more information.

I have misplaced my original diploma. How do I request a replacement?

Complete the Duplicate Request Form. There is a $20 fee per duplicate diploma, in addition to the standard mailing fee of $6.50 (U.S.) or $10 (international).

I earned a Department Award and made the President's Honor Roll. When and where can I pick up my certificates?

Admissions & Records does not process Department Awards. Questions about obtaining Department Awards should be directed to the individual department. Information about the President's Honor Roll is available by contacting the Educational Programs Student Support Office at (805) 965-0581 ext. 2278.

How do I get a copy of my GED?

Contact the Schott Center (Continuing Education Division Headquarters) at 687-0812 for more information.

721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394    Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581    © 2014 Santa Barbara City College