• Is the Vendor a current one at SBCC or will a new one need to be established? 
    • Check with Purchasing Department.  If this is the first time that the vendor has conducted business with the District, the vendor will need to provide a W-9 and be set up as an authorized vendor via the Purchasing Department.  SBCC pays vendors on Net 30 Terms.
  • Is the total Vendor purchase(s) exceeding $10k?   Purchases over $10k require a Purchase Order.  
  • Is there sufficient budget? Check your budget in Simpler!   
  • Register for Vendor ACH (Automated Clearing House) to receive all invoice payments through electronic funds transfer (EFT).
  • Have you submitted a T&C Request through Concur?  Be sure it has been fully approved in Concur before travel commences.
  • If you're a credit card holder, are your established Credit Card Limits sufficient? Have your supervisor Email to request extended limits during your travels.
  • Please verify that remaining budget is sufficient for travel expenses. 
  • Collect Receipts and Have Fun!
  • Full budget code: fund + org + account + program (+ activity + location) for each item included
  • Itemization of charges
  • Budget Owner approval
  • Include Vendor K# when possible
  • Verify that remaining budget is sufficient and/or that PO is still active prior to submitting invoices.  This will prevent delays in payment. If additional budget is required.
  • Email invoice to  Subject line should include:
    • Vendor Name,
    • Invoice Number
    • Invoice Due Date

Budgets are allocated by account, such as Postage, Travel, Salary, etc.  If you need additional budget, you may move budget from one account to another account, under your same ORG.  Complete a Budget Transfer Request to move budget between your accounts. 

  1. Complete the budget transfer request form
  2. Include Budget Owner approval
  3. Email to

Need additional budget, and not a transfer?  Any and all new budget requests will need to be approved by your Vice President and go to our Board for approval. 

Effective January 1, 2016 the Campus Store will no longer be accepting transfers from departments to bookstore accounts.  Existing Bookstore Accounts will be eliminated by March 31, 2016. 

All supply purchases should be made using your district credit card.  If you do not have a district credit card, please have your Dean/VP request a card from Accounts Payable (

Take checks or cash to the Cashier's Office, located in the Student Services Building - SS150. On the check, please note the full budget number (Fund-Org-Account-Prog-Activity) or the Student Name and ID, to be credited/deposited to.

If you have a check for:

Retiree Payments:
Please take these checks to the Cashiers Office, located in the Student Services Building - SS150.

CNA Testing Payments:
Please take these checks to the Regional Health Occupation Resource Center located in the ECOC -1 Building - Rm 10.

Child Care Payments:
Please take these checks to the Cashiers Office, located in the Student Services Building - SS150.

Continuing Education:
All monies need to be delivered to the appropriate front office location with the appropriate documentation (which includes account number).

Please use consultant form

Use Employee Reimbursement Certification Form 

Instructions for Employee Reimbursement Certification Form:   

  • Forms can be picked up in the Accounting Office  A130, printed from the SBCC website, or Continuing Ed Schott's Center. 
  • Please complete the form, attach all original receipts, and submit to Accounting Office, A130, or Continuing Ed Schott Center. Please tape all receipts to a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
  • Please remember to include an account number and an authorized district signature. Any incomplete forms will be returned for corrections, which will delay your reimbursement.
  • For the Direct Deposit Form, visit the forms page under Fiscal Services on the SBCC website.

An expense made or charged to one account that needs to be transferred to another account is called an Expense Transfer.

To initiate an Expense Transfer:

  1. Email to: Accounting (
  2. Copy to : your department Dean (or the budget owner of the expenditure, if different from your Dean)
  3. Note the Account number that you would like the expense to be transferred from, Account number that you would like the expense to be transferred toamount of transfer, and a brief description.

Approved invoices for authorized vendors can be submitted to Accounts Payable via  Submitted invoices must contain the following information in order to be processed:

  • Itemized invoice that specifies the amount and service/good that was received;
  • Full Budget Line* coding or PO# that identifies where invoice should be charged; 
  • Budget owner approval by way of Signature and Date on the invoice or an attached email with approvers authorization; and
  • Email Subject line includes Vendor Name, Invoice Number, Invoice Due Date.  

Invoices that are submitted without all of the above-referenced information may be rejected or withheld for payment. Please allow 15 business days for payment to be issued. 

SBCC pays our vendors by Net 30 Terms.

For purchases to be ordered by the purchasing department (including equipment):

  1. Check your funds available online at Funds Inquiry or Expenditure Status Reports in SBCC Financial Reports. 
  2. Complete a Requisition Form. 
  3. Have the form signed by your authorized department chair, Dean, or Assistant Superintendent / Vice President. 
  4. Forward the completed, signed Requisition Form to the Purchasing Department.

Instructions for Use Mileage Reimbursement Claim (Form here):

  • Mileage Rate $0.67 per mile effective January 1, 2024.  The 2023 mileage rate was $0.65 per mile 
  • Forms can be printed from SBCC website under Fiscal Services. 
  • Please complete the form and submit it to Accounting. Remember to include an account number and an authorized district signature. 
  • All mileage must be pre-approved by your supervisor. Your mileage begins and ends at place of employment.
    SBCC mileage reimbursement rate coincides with IRS handbook rules.

Travel and Conferences

  • Travel & Conference Requests should be filled out prior to any business travel.
  • Please complete a Travel & Conference Request in Concur and submit to your supervisor prior to traveling. If conference fees need to be paid in advance, please notify Accounts Payable staff in the Fiscal Services office (please provide advance notice of at least 2-weeks).
  • For instructions on how to fill out and submit a T&C Request in Concur, please see the Concur Travel and Conference Manual
  • Mileage  
    • $ 0.67 per mile in Calendar Year 2024  (Effective January 1, 2024, the rate increased 1.5 cents)
    • $ 0.65 per mile in Calendar Year 2023
  • Meals 
    • Meals that are provided by the conference are not eligible for reimbursement. Please review your agenda prior to creating your Expense Request.
    • For each trip, an employee may select either flat rate reimbursements or claim actual meal costs (per receipts).   We do not provide an option for interchangeable reimbursement types per conference/trip. 
    • A selection of either flat rate or actual costs may be for each conference/trip.  It does not have to Employees may select the flat reimbursement or actual meal costs for each conference/trip and yo.  By selecting either reimbursement type on one trip, y may be selected for each trip; you will not be locked into one reimbursement type for all future conference/trips. 
    • Meals Flat Reimbursements - no receipt necessary

2024 Rates:

      • Per Meal - Breakfast - $17
      • Per Meal - Lunch - $18
      • Per Meal - Dinner - $34
      • (Daily Total $69)

2023 Rates:

      • Per Meal - Breakfast - $13
      • Per Meal - Lunch - $17
      • Per Meal - Dinner - $36
      • (Daily Total $66)
  • Meals Actual Costs - receipts required
    • Alcohol is not reimburseable.
    • Record the employee name on the receipt when paying for any additional employee/travel companions.
    • Reasonable tips are reimbursable.

Use a travel & conference account code for most travel expenses (i.e. 522000).

Obtain itemized receipts for all travel expenses including taxis, shuttles, and parking.

District policy prohibits reimbursement for movies, personal phone calls, alcoholic beverages. Employee needs to reimburse the district (SBCC) for these expenses.

All out of pocket cash expenses (with original receipts) will be reimbursed via Concur. 

District Credit Card Procedures

The purposes of using District Credit Cards include:

The District issues credit cards to employees whenever there is sufficient benefit to the District.

Reducing net processing costs, especially for small dollar transactions, while streamlining and maintaining accounting and reporting controls.

Supporting vendors and improving relations for vendors preferring credit card payment.

In order to expedite the purchase and accounting of low cost and frequently needed items.

This procedure is applicable to all employees of Santa Barbara City College who receive a District Credit Card. District Credit Cards are issued to designated employees at the discretion of management and can be revoked at any time for any reason. The card will be revoked for the following reasons:

  • The card is used for personal or unauthorized purposes.
  • The card is used to purchase alcoholic beverages or any substance, material, or service which violates policy, law, or regulation pertaining to the District.
  • The cardholder splits a purchase to circumvent a purchase limit assigned to the card.
  • The cardholder uses another cardholder's card to circumvent a purchase limit assigned to either cardholder.
  • The cardholder accepts a personal gratuity from a vendor.
  • The cardholder fails to provide the approving official with information about any specific purchase.
  • The cardholder fails to provide documentation confirming that charges are approved by the 14th of the month following the close of the billing cycle more than one time in any 12 month period.  The first instance will result in a 60 day suspension of all card privileges.  The card will be revoked if the statement is late another time in a twelve month period.
  • The cardholder fails to provide accounting with the complete account information necessary to record a purchase appropriately. The complete account information consists of a 5 digit Fund Code, a 4 digit Organization Code, a 6 digit Account Code, and a 6 digit Program Code, an Activity and or Location Code may also be require
  • The cardholder does not adhere to any of the procurement card policy and procedure

It is the responsibility of both the employee and the employee’s manager to ensure compliance with all procedures.  Expense Statements will be audited by the Finance department internal auditors, and may be subject to examination by outside auditor

The credit card is the property of the bank, and it may at any time revoke card privileges under the provisions of its policies and procedures.

Approved Expense reports are due in Concur (accessed through your pipeline account) by the 10th of the month.  The Accounting staff provides a helpdesk every Monday, from 9am-10am via Zoom, as well as a monthly 2-hour "study session". 

Please submit your statements to your Approving Manager by the 8th of the month to ensure that they can be delivered to Accounting on time.  If you are not going to be available to process your statement, you must work with your supervisor to set up a delegate in Concur.  This is especially important at the end of a quarter and fiscal year (September, December, March and June) when quarterly reports are due to the Board of Trustees.  If you are not going to be able to process your credit card statement, please refrain from using it.  District card privileges may be suspended or revoked at any time.

Original receipts are to be electronically submitted in with each report for each of the charges.  Auditors require original receipts.  For meals, you must tender the itemized meal receipt (not just the credit card signature slip). If you have lost or did not receive a receipt you must fill out a Missing Receipts Affidavit in Concur.  However, this form is meant to be used for the occasional occurrence of a lost receipt. Repeated use of the form will jeopardize your right to hold a District Card.

Prohibited expenses include cash advances, consultants, personal services, personal (non-SBCC related) expenses, capital outlay purchases (such as computer equipment, and alcohol (including on meal reimbursements). Such purchases must be repaid to the college and are grounds for corrective action up to and including permanent card suspension and termination.

Each charge needs the following information:

Fund Number (a 5-digit or 6-digit number (e.g. 12245) which references the fund that the money is coming out of to cover the expense)

Org/Cost Center Number (a four-digit number (e.g.  4074) that references the Cost Center to which the expense is being attributed )

Account Code (the account code is not needed on the Concur report as it has been replaced by an expense description)

Program Code  (a six-digit number (e.g. 601000) that references specific programs 

Activity Number (usually only used by Athletics or Facilities Departments) 

Expense Type (replaces account code)

Common expense types are: Instructional Supplies, Non-Instructional Supplies, Printing/Duplicating, Travel/Conference, Meeting Expense, Memberships, Other Contracts, Campus Events, (For IT only: Computer Equip; Instructional Computer Equip).

Each expense report needs two approvals:

the budget manager's approval, and

a separate approval from the budget manager's supervisor. 

If the budget manager is submitting the report, only their supervisor's approval will be required.  The expense report is not considered complete until all of the receipts and appropriate approvals have been obtained.  

Request for a new District Credit Card should be submitted by the Supervisor of the District Credit Card user that needs an increase. 

All requests to add, remove and edit cardholder access may be made through this online form: Request for District Credit Cards and Adjustment to Current Credit Limits

Identify Daily and Monthly Transation limits

Requested Date for new District Credit Card

Idetnify primary uses of District Credit Card

Request will be routed to the approving manager (Organization's Budget Owner) for approval before increase has been made. 

Plan ahead!  Allow up to two weeks for setup and shipping of new District Credit Card. 

The standard limit provided to District employees is $500 single purchase limit and $1,000 monthly purchase limit.  Employees are encourage to monitor their spending and planning their purchases in advance. 

Temporary District Credit Card Limit increases should be submitted by the Supervisor of the District Credit Card user that needs an increase. 

All requests to add, remove and edit cardholder access may be made through this online form: Request for District Credit Cards and Adjustment to Current Credit Limits

Request for Daily or Monthly Transation limit increase

Requested Amount of Temporary increase

Effective & End dates of temporary increase

Cancelling cardholder privileges

Request will be routed to the approving manager (Organization's Budget Owner) for approval before increase has been made. 

Plan ahead!  Allow up to five business days for changes to go into effect. 

If you discover that your card has been used fraudulently or if your card is lost or stolen you will need to contact Customer Service at 800-344-5696 

The Card Holder must make this call. US Bank (the credit card provider) will not allow anyone except the Card Holder to report fraudulent charges or to make changes to the name (in case of a name change). Note: The card is not tied to your personal Social Security number; it is connected to your K-number, so please have that on hand when calling the bank.

SBCC has a dedicated phone number tied to all credit cards.  The number that is associated with the credit card is: 805-730-8775. If you are calling US Bank for issues with your card, you will need this phone number.

Note: If you are traveling on SBCC business, particularly internationally, it is your responsibility to notify the bank prior to travel to avoid a false fraud hold on your card.

In the event a credit card holder has made a personal charge on their District card by accident, we will invoice the cardholder for those costs.  

PROCEDURE: When submitting your District Expense Report, select "Personal Charges" as the expense type.  Accounting will bill you after the Expense Report has been fully approved.  The invoice will have an option to write a check, pay in person with cash at the Cashiers Office, SS-150, or pay online with a credit card through your self service pipeline portal.  To pay online, go to pipeline and select the "Student" tab, "Pay my Schedule/Bill"

NOTE: Every employee should see the "Student" tab in Pipeline, regardless of whether you have been a student at SBCC in the past.  If you do not see a "Student" tab, kindly contact our IT Department with your name and Employee  ID (K#), requesting the "Student"" tab be enabled..  

Please sign and date the use agreement and return to Carlene Evans in Accounting upon receipt of your district card. Failure to sign this form will result in your credit card being revoked.  Please retain this document for your reference.

District Credit Cards are a privilege. We appreciate your diligence in adhering to these procedures as it facilitates the ongoing accessibility of this privilege.