Transcript Evaluation Office

Back to SBCC

How to Request an Evaluation of Coursework

  1. Enroll at Santa Barbara City College (SBCC).

  2. Verify your major/program/educational goal is correct. Follow the steps on Degree Works™ to update your information.

  3. Submit official transcripts to SBCC from all past institutions you have attended. Click here for instructions. 

    • AP Scores: Submit your scores from College Board to SBCC (see the FAQs for more information). Then, move on to step 5.  

  4. Verify your official transcripts have been received by SBCC. If your official transcripts are not received your request for evaluation will not be processed. Click here for instructions.

  5. In order to have your external coursework evaluated you must request an evaluation in one of the following ways:

    • If your transcripts are from California Community Colleges or you have AP scores: Use the Transcript, Advanced Placement, and Prerequisite Evaluation Request (TAPPER) online form to request an evaluation.

    • For clearance of prerequisites or corequisites using transcripts from institutions that are not California Community Colleges: you may use Verification Form A, which can be found on the Prerequisite Instructions & Forms page.

    • If your transcripts are from other institutions such as UC, CSU, out of state, or international: Meet with an Academic Counselor.
After you submit a request for evaluation: 

Check for email notifications. All notifications are emailed to students via their SBCC Pipeline account.

After your coursework has been evaluated, check Degree Works™ to see how it applies toward your educational goals at SBCC.


Back to top Back to top

721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394    Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581    © 2018 Santa Barbara City College