Student Account Refunds

COVID-19 UPDATE:   The Cashier's Office is OPEN FOR REMOTE SERVICES.   
All in-person services are closed until further notice. 
The Cashiers office is available by telephone and email communications. Please include your student ID (K#) for faster service.  We will answer all inquiries in the order in which they are received.


Policies and Procedures 

If a student has a credit balance remaining on their bill after all charges have been settled, the student may request a refund.  Refunds are not automatically generated, except in cases where federal loans exceed tuition and fees.   All credits generated on a student account will remain on the student account for three years and be applied to any future charges until a student chooses to request a refund. 

In accordance with Section 58508 of Title V, California Code of Regulation, the college may withhold $10 from your enrollment fee refund. Refunds will be your total credit minus $10 refund service charge for class(es) dropped within the stated deadlines.  No refund service charge will be assessed on courses cancelled by the college. Diplomas and final grades are automatically held until all debts to the District colleges have been cleared.

Steps to Request a Refund: 

  • To review your drop deadlines: 

    1. Log on to your student portal PIPELINE 
    2. Select Student tab
    3. Select My Schedule and Bill 
    4. Under Additional Information, review Refund Deadline dates for each enrolled course. Note: A class added after the drop deadline is not eligible for a refund. 
  • Mailed check: 

    1. The refund check will only be sent to the most current mailing address on your Pipeline account. Review your address on Pipeline and update if needed.

    Direct Deposit:

    1. Log on to your student portal PIPELINE 
    2. Select Student tab 
    3. Select Student Resources 
    4. Select Student Account 
    5. Select Refunds 
    6. Direct Deposit Sign Up 
    7. Enter the bank information as instructed on the page
  • Online with fillable PDF or, by printing a paper form and submitting in person to the Cashier's Office in SS-150.  Please read below to select a form in english or in espanol.


  • Use this form to request a refund from your Student Account credit balance. 

    • Click here for FORM A to print and complete a paper form of the Request for Refund. Complete the form, sign it and submit to, mail by USPS, or drop off in person at the Cashier's Office window during business hours at SS-150.
    • Click here for FORM B to complete and submit an online Request for Refund. Please complete the form and submit it to

    Please allow 5-6 weeks for processing.

  • Use este formulario para solicitar un reembolso del saldo de crédito de su cuenta de estudiante.

    • Haga clic aquí para el formulario A para imprimir y completar un formulario en papel de la Solicitud de reembolso. Complete el formulario, fírmelo y envíelo a, envíelo por USPS o déjelo en persona en la ventana de la oficina del cajero durante el horario comercial en SS-150.
    • Haga clic aquí para el formulario B para completar y enviar una Solicitud de Reembolso en línea.

    Por favor espere 5-6 semanas para el procesamiento.

  • Eligible students may request an Excused Withdrawal and refund of their enrollment fees. For more information and to find out if you are eligible to submit the form, please click here

    Under normal circumstances, per Title 5, section 58508, refunds are not allowed after the first two weeks of instruction, or ten percent point of the length of the course. However, regulatory authority has been granted to SBCC via the Chancellor, to grant a refund of  enrollment fees ($46 per unit) for any students who withdrew after March 13, 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak.  All mandatory, optional and nonresident fees will not be refunded unless the college took action to cancel the course or drop a student that fails to meet a prerequisite. If you are a recipient of a  third party sponsorship program (i.e.. SBCC Promise Program), the enrollment fee will be credited back to your sponsor’s contract (i.e. the SBCC Foundation).  If you are a recipient of a CCPG (formerly the BOGW Fee Waiver), the enrollment refund will be credited back to the CCPG program.

Refund Schedule

As the student, you are responsible for dropping classes by the stated deadlines.  If you register in a class and later change your mind, it is your responsibility to drop the class. Review your Schedule/Bill for course deadlines.  Log on to Pipeline and go to Registration and Student Records, under the Student tab.  Follow the instructions on the Add/Drop Classes page in order to drop a class.

  • Each class has its own refund deadline.  Please refer to your "My Schedule and Bill" in your Pipeline account to identify your specific courses' refund deadline.  You may also verify the refund deadline by looking up the CRN number in the class schedule, found here.   

  • Fees are 100% refundable for students withdrawing from all SBCC courses by the stated deadlines in the Schedule/Bill. After the stated deadline, no refunds will be given for these fees.  For more details on refund date requirements, please refer to your "My Schedule and Bill" in your Pipeline account.

  • Parking Permits must be returned intact to the Cashier's Office (SS-150) prior to the first day of the semester for a refund. 
    Please note: the $3.40 convenience fee which covers shipping/handling is non-refundable.

    Partial, or pro-rated, refunds will not be issued.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):


  • Approved partial semester drops will be processed and mailed approximately 5 to 6 weeks after the add/drop period.  Please check your Pipeline account balance to verify if your refund has been processed.  

    Approved full semester drop refunds submitted before the start of the semester, will be processed and mailed approximately 2 to 3 weeks upon receipt.

  • REFUNDS ARE NOT AUTOMATIC.  You must complete a "Request For Refund Form" (see above) and either a check will be mailed or monies directly deposited to your bank. Both the mailing address and direct deposit may be reviewed and updated by logging in to your student portal PIPELINE.

  • A $10.00 per session processing charge will be deducted from enrollment fee refunds. The charge does not apply to classes that are cancelled by the college.

  • Mandatory fees are 100% refundable if all class(es) are dropped within the first two weeks of the semester.  Following the add/drop deadline, mandatory fees will no longer be refundable.  

    If a class is cancelled by the college, it is still the student's responsibility to submit a Refund Request Form (see above).  In cases where the college cancelled a course or a student is administratively dismissed from the college, the standard $10 processing fee will be waived. If the student has any fines / fees against their student account, they will be debited from the credit balance prior to the refund disbursement. 

  • Students are eligible to submit a refund request form within three years of the semester end date.  For Example:

    • Fall 2018 students will be eligible to submit a refund request form through December 31, 2021  
    • Fall 2015 refund requests expire December 31, 2018 
  • Cashier's Office does not handle CampusCard requests.  Please visit the CampusCard website HERE for more information.

  • The Cashier's Office does not handle School of Extended Learning nor Continuing Education course payments.  For support in paying your bill or requesting a refund, please visit the School of Extended Learning's website HERE.

  • If you have followed the steps for submitting your refund request form, please view "How long does it take to get a refund?". If you still have not received your refund, please contact for assistance. Be sure to include your student ID (K#) in the email.  

Students who are requesting accommodations on the basis of disability, including an alternate format of these petitions and forms, should make an appointment with a DSPS (Disability Services and Programs for Students) Specialist in the Student Services Building, Room 160 or call 805-730-4164 or email