The following forms may require Pipeline login. Click the link below to find the form you need.
- Concurrent Enrollment if you want to take a class at another school while you are studying at SBCC
- Enrollment Verification for CSN if you are requesting CSN funding (i.e. CSN's Study Assurance form)
- Enrollment Verification Letter if you need proof of enrollment signed by the school
- Payment Deadline Extension Request if you need more time to pay your tuition
- Reduced Course Load if you want to take less than 12.0 units in the final term of your Associate degree program
- Tax Filing Requirements All F-1 students must file tax forms each year
- Transfer/SEVIS Release if you are transferring to another F-1 approved school
- Travel Signature Request if you are traveling outside of the U.S.
NOTE: If you are NOT attending SBCC next semester you do NOT need a travel signature. If you plan to travel internatinally and return to the U.S. to continue your studies at SBCC in the next term, you MUST request an I-20 travel signature from the International Office:
- Fill out the End of Semester Survey or, if traveling mid-semester, fill out the Travel Signature Request form.
- Your Advisor will email you an updated I-20 with a travel signature within 7-10 business days.
- You do not need a travel signature to leave the U.S., but you do need it each time you arrive in the U.S. Make sure to carry your I-20 and passport with you on the plane.
- Payment of tuition and fees is due within 7 days of registration. If you cannot pay within 7 days, you can request a payment deadline extension.
- Requests will be processed within 3 business days.
- Check your Pipeline email account. Our office will email you if you are not eligible for an extension.
- NOTE: Failure to pay by the extension deadline may result in an administrative drop and make you ineligible for future deadline extensions.
Swedish students who receive funding from CSN may need a CSN Study Assurance form signed by SBCC in order to receive funding for their next semester. It is the responsibility of each student to understand the specific requirements for their CSN funding eligibility.
Do you need SBCC to sign/stamp your CSN Study Assurance form? Follow these steps!
- CSN will notify you via text or email when the CSN Study Assurance form is available. Study Assurance forms are posted to your CSN e-account 5 weeks before your next semester begins. For fall this will be mid-July / For spring this will be mid-December.
- Sign the “student” section of your Study Assurance form.
- You must be registered for at least 12 credits. Waitlisted classes will not count towards 12 credits.
- Fill out and sign the “CSN Authorization Release" form.
- Email the Release & Study Assurance forms from your Pipeline e-mail account to Jorge
Trujillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Student ID card or passport
- Your Study Assurance form with your signature
- Your “CSN Authorization Release" form
REQUESTS ARE PROCESSED IN 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS and will be emailed to your Pipeline account.
- Submit your completed Study Assurance form to CSN directly.
- "Full-time" status at SBCC is defined as 12 units. Waitlisted classes cannot be verified on enrollment verifications.
- Fill out and sign the “Authorization for Release" form.
- Email the Authorization form from your Pipeline e-mail account to Jorge Trujillo at email@example.com.
REQUESTS ARE PROCESSED after the last day to drop classes during the semester of enrollment, and will be sent to the address listed on the Authorization Release form. If you need your Enrollment Verification prior to the last day to drop classes, contact your International Student Advisor.
Students who need less than 12.0 units in the last semester to complete their associate degree or certificate program program may be eligible to take a reduced course load.
If you are accepted to another school and wish to transfer your I-20 and SEVIS record, follow these steps:
- Fill out the online SEVIS Release Form. If you are accepted to more than one school, only fill this form out for the school you decide to attend.
- Provide your Advisor with a copy of your acceptance letter (or some other proof of admission).
IMPORTANT: You must attend your SBCC classes until the end of the current SBCC semester/session, or until the transfer release date in SEVIS (if you are transferring out mid-semester).
U.S. International Revenue Service (IRS) Tax Form Requirements
All international students who were present in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa for any period of time during 2022 are required to file tax forms even if you did not work in the U.S.
Deadline: April 18, 2023
If you did not work in the U.S., you will not pay any taxes, but you still must submit an IRS form called "8843".
If you did work in the U.S., you must submit a tax return. You may be owed a tax refund or owe a tax payment, depending on how much you earned and how much you have already paid for taxes.
How to File (no 2022 employment): If you did not work in the U.S. during 2022, you need to file an IRS form called Form 8843. Refer to the 8843 instructions above. After you fill out the form, print it out and sign. Mail it to: The Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Center, Austin, TX 73301-0215.
Step 1. Obtain your W-2 or 1099 form/s for 2022 from your employer/s.
- If you worked at SBCC, ACCESS YOUR SBCC W-2: Login to Pipeline. Under the Employee Tab, click on Pay and Benefits, then Employee Menu, then Tax Forms, W2 Wage and Tax Statement. Select Tax Year: 2022. Click "Display". If you did not opt to receive the electronic W2, it will be mailed to the address you have in Pipeline.
Step 2. Create a Sprintax account to get started.
Step 3. Fill out the required questions for 2022.
Sept 4. Enter your free access code: 22SBCC50F in the box on the ‘Review your order’ page. Available only to the first 50 students who file!
Step 5. Sprintax will prepare your tax return document/s.
Step 6. Submit your tax forms (and payment if required) according to the instructions you receive from Sprintax.