Fee-Based Life Enhancement
Come discover your potential and enrich your life
- Unemployed? Receive $200 a week and free career training! Back-to-Work Program Information
- Spring 2021 Fee-based classes are offered primarily online via live videoconference format. See updated class details here: Fee-based Classes
- All registrations are accepted only through our online portal at this time. Scroll down for self-registration information.
- Currently, our in-person, on-campus services are being offered remotely. If you need assistance, please contact SELAdmissions@sbcc.edu
How Do I Register for Fee-Based Classes?
The fee-based registration system is separate from the tuition-free class registration system.
If you are a new fee-based student, you must first create a student profile to become a Santa Barbara City College “Fee-Based” student and then register for classes.
Something for You
Quick Fee-based FAQs
SBCC School of Extended Learning accepts checks, cash and major credit cards. Online registration requires a credit or debit card. You can pay with either a check, cash or a credit/debit card if you register in person at the Schott or Wake Campus.
Materials fees include items used in class or taken home (e.g. handouts, food for cooking, etc). Lab fees include specialized classroom supplies, utilities, and personnel costs, and may include off-campus classroom rental fees. The $5 registration fee helps pay for adminsitrative costs associated with registration that are not covered by the other fees. Without regard to the number of classes enrolled in, students pay this fee only once per semester no matter how many classes or whether paying by cash, check, or credit card. Note: This fee cannot be refunded even if a class is cancelled for whatever reason.
The minimum enrollment for fee-based classes is (5) students, with the excetion of classes with lab fees. If a class does not meet the enrollment anticipated by the instructor, the instructor has discretion to cancel. In the event a class is cancelled, the student receives a refund or can apply the fees to another class.
Yes. You can apply online or in person for needs-based tuition assistance for fee-based classes. Tuition assistance is granted on the basis of need and availability. See the Tuition Assistance page.
- New professional experts in all fields are always welcome. We encourage you to apply to join our renowned School of Extended Learning faculty, and/or to suggest new topics and classes. Contact Ken Harris email@example.com
Featured Fee-based Classes
For information about programs, contact:
Ken Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org (805) 898-8140