Academy MembershipMembership in the Transfer Academy (TA) is based on your intent to transfer to a TAG (Transfer Admissions Guarantee) university. The Transfer Academy application is separate from the SBCC Admissions Application. An application is available via the web or may be obtained in the Transfer Center, SS 140.
Students may apply for entrance to the Transfer Academy based on transferring fall 2017 or beyond:*
- An Educational Goal of transfer
- A Transfer Plan goal of at least one TAG university*
- High school or college transcripts. For consideration, new student's must have at least a high school grade point average of a 2.8. Continuing, returning and transfer students who have completed 12 units of academic course work may apply for entrance into the Transfer Academy based on college units completed. A minimum overall college grade point average of 2.8 is required.
- Demonstrated eligibility for ENG 100 and at least MATH 107 (Intermediate Algebra). Mathematics eligibility is met with three years of high school math, including two years of algebra, with grades of "C" or better. English and Mathematics placement examinations are part of the SBCC enrollment procedure
- Completion of the college orientation and advising session
Step One - Register your intent to transfer to a TAG university.
- New and transfer students must complete an SBCC Admission Application and report their Educational Goal as either Transfer with A.A./A.S., or Transfer without A.A./A.S. and report their Transfer Plan as a TAG university - Click here to APPLY
- Continuing students may update their Educational Goal using Pipeline or through the SBCC Admissions & Records Office
Step Two - Participate in the assessment, orientation and advising process. For more information go to Steps to Enrollment.
Step Three - Complete the Transfer Academy online orientation outlining the program. Please use GOOGLE CHROME as your web browser to access the orientation, If the orientation quiz doesn't display on the webpage, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link.
Step Four - Complete the TA Online Application. Once you click on the link, you will need to sign in using your Pipeline username and password. You may also download a Transfer Academy application, fill it out and bring it to your counseling appointment.
Step Five - Meet with a counselor in the Transfer Academy. To schedule an appointment call the Transfer Center at (805) 965 - 0581 x2547 or stop by the Student Services Center, Room 140.
*Students transferring fall 2016 were able to join the Transfer Academy up until the end of the first week of the fall semester (August 28th).