STRESS & ANXIETY
Tips to Reduce Your Stress
- Exercise daily - aerobics 30 minutes
- Allow 20 minutes in your day for total relaxation. Meditate, day dream, nap.
- Take a 10 minutes break every four hours in your work day.
- Take at least two weeks vacation every year.
- Organize work list. Check off list when work is done.
- Say no to overburdening tasks.
- Avoid a high intake of fat, sugars and alcohol.
- Socialize with friends one evening each week.
- Communicate feelings effectively. Don't keep them stored inside.
- Plan ahead. Have weekly, monthly, yearly projections and goals.
- Continue to grow and change. Don't stagnate.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Laugh and express humor.
- Don't clutter your mind with worry. Focus on positive thoughts.
- Love and like yourself. Be proud
How to Release Tension at the End of a Long and Tense Day
- Physical exercise.
- Creative pursuits.
- Explore interests, hobbies, study, become a volunteer.
- Develop writing skills, write letters, journals, dreams and thoughts, goals and plans.
- Learn relaxation techniques, use tapes, breathing, or meditation.
- Get recognition, and your needs fulfilled. Get touched - a hug.