Parking permits are available and required by both SBCC students and employees. Parking permits are available for sale, by semester. In order to avoid a parking citation all cars must have a parking permit affixed to the lower left corner (driver's side) of a vehicle's windshield. Below are the details on where to obtain a parking permit or where to park until a permit has been purchased or received.
Refer to the Parking & Traffic Information page, under Campus Security, for specific information about parking on campus, including:
Any SBCC student who intends to park a vehicle (four-wheeled) on campus must purchase a parking permit. Parking permits are available in the following categories:
|DAY / EVE PERMIT||EVENING ONLY PERMIT||
CCPG ** STUDENTS & OTHER AID RECIPIENTS PERMIT
$ 33.40 *
|$ 18.40 *||$ 23.40 *|
|Allows students to park in any student parking lot between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. for the semester.||Allows students to park in any student parking lot between the hours of 3 p.m. and 10 p.m. for the semester.||Allows students to park in any student parking lot between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. for the semester.|
* Prices include shipping, handling, postage and applicable credit card processing fees. ** Effective Fall 2018, the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) has been renamed the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).
- PURCHASE: Parking permits may be purchased on-line through pipeline when registering for classes.
- REFUNDS: Permits returned prior to the start of a semester are eligible for a refund. The fee is not refundable once the semester begins. SBCC does not issue refunds for lost or stolen parking permits. This policy also applies to permits that were not received at the verified delivery address.
STAFF & FACULTY PERMITS
Permits for SBCC Staff and Faculty are free.
Classified staff and Faculty permits can be picked up the week before the beginning of Fall semester in the Campus Security office on East Campus. A notice will be sent out via e-mail with information on permit availability in mid August.
Adjunct Faculty permits can be picked up the week before the beginning of Fall semester and the week before the beginning of Spring semester in the Campus Security office on East Campus.
Visitors and guests to Santa Barbara City College are required to purchase parking any time they park on campus. All parking on campus is allocated and signed for specific uses, and parking regulations are enforced 24/7. There are several basic options for visitor parking:
Up to 30 minutes:
- Lot 1-A Meter Parking (outside the Student Services building)
- Lot 1-B Meter Parking (outside the Administration building)
A permit must be purchased at the yellow meter machines and displayed on dashboard.
Longer than 30 minutes:
- Lots 2-C (La Playa East)
- Lots 3 (La Playa West)
- Lots 5-2 (outside the West Campus parking structure, level 2)
- Lots 5-3 (outside the West Campus parking structure, level 3)
- Lots 5-4 (outside the West Campus parking structure, level 4)
Permits may be purchased for 3-hour, in the amount of $2, or for a full-day, in the amount of $5. Permits must be displayed on dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a parking permit to park on campus?
Yes, permits are required at all times when parking on campus. The purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking spot.
How do I get a parking permit?
Parking permits can be purchased online. Logon to your Pipeline account and click on “Order Your Parking Permit Online” from the home tab. Assistance is available at the Cashier’s Office SS-150.
Is my Summer Permit good for both summer sessions?
No, your Summer Permit is purchased by term. Each permit will be valid for the duration of each term.
- Summer I permits are valid from 5/21/2018 - 6/29/2018
- Summer II permits are valid from 6/30/2018 - 8/10/2018
What happens if I receive a Parking Citation?
* Effective Fall 2018, the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) has been renamed the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).