Tutor Hiring Information
All tutors are screened and selected by Instructors or Tutor Supervisors. After being selected, at the beginning of each semester all new and returning tutors will need to submit a Tutor Semester Assignment Form.
Tutors will not be approved to work until the hiring process is complete.
Deadline for Summer I Tutor Hiring is May 25th
Deadline for Summer II Tutor Hiring is July 6th
1. Please visit the Tutorial Center website to complete the Tutor Semester Assignment Form. **In order to access the online form, you will first have to sign into Pipeline then open a new tab in the same web browser.**
Information you will need to complete the Tutor Semester Assignment Form:
- SBCC username and password.SBCC K number
- If selected to be a Gateway tutor (course embedded tutor), you will need to have the course(s) and CRN(s).
- You will need to know when you last worked as a tutor.
- If you are a student, you will need to know the total number of units you are enrolled at SBCC.
- If you are a student, you will need to know whether you received an award for Federal Work-Study.
2. In order to begin working as a tutor, there are a few more steps to complete after you submitted the Tutor Employment Application Form.
If you are a NEW tutor or have NOT worked on campus in the past 2 YEARS, please visit Human Resources (2nd floor of the Student Services Building) with the appropriate documentation and then visit the Tutorial Center Office (LRC 120).
If you are a RETURNING tutor the Tutorial Center Coordinator will verify your training status. If you have have NOT worked on campus in the past 2 years, please visit Human Resources (2nd floor of the Student Services Building) with the appropriate documentation and then visit the Tutorial Center Office (LRC 120). If you have worked on campus in the previous two years please visit the Tutorial Center Office (LRC 120).
Documents you should bring to Human Resources:
- International students will need all the following:
- Visa / I-94
- I-20, and
- Original Social Security Card
- Non-international students and non-students will need:
- Original Social Security Card or Birth Certificate & Driver's license
- Or a passport
Human Resources is open Monday through Thursday 8:00-4:30PM and Friday 8:00-1:00PM. Please allow 25-35 minutes to complete the employee packet with Human Resources.
3. After you meet with Human Resources, you will need to meet the Tutorial Center Coordinator in the office (LRC 120) to complete the hiring process. You will not be cleared to begin working until the process is complete: an EPAF is completed and a timesheet is created.