Culinary Arts and Hotel Management
A major in Culinary Arts is designed to prepare students for a career in the hospitality industry. Areas of specialization are Hotel or Restaurant and Culinary.
Skills Competency Awards:
- Baking and Pastry
- This program will prepare students for working as a baker, pastry chef, caterer, wedding/cake/pastry chef, shop owner.
- Hospitality Operations Specialist
- This award is designed to provide the training in legal aspects, security, and one area of operation that will help students to move from entry-level to supervisory positions in Front Office, Housekeeping, or Food and Beverage Departments of hotels, resorts, and inns.
- Human Resource Hospitality Specialist
- This award is designed to provide the training in supervision, sales/customer service, and training necessary to move from entry-level to supervisory positions in hotels, resorts, and inns.
- Personal Chef Training
- This program will prepare students for working as a personal chef, food and beverage manager, catering manager, and hotel catering sales.
SBCC OfferingsA.S. Degree and Certificate in Culinary Arts and Hospitality, and various Skills Competency Awards.
EDD Occupational Guides*First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
Chefs and Head Cooks
*Information on job descriptions for these fields is pulled from Onet Online, a nationally maintained source of occupational information, and The California Employment Development Department (EDD) website. Visit these sites for additional occupation profiles, or explore the extensive career and major database, Eureka, that SBCC subscribes to at www.eureka.org; create an account there using the SBCC site ID code: VUOHNDU.