Computer Information Systems
The Computer Information Systems program of study prepares students for entry-level positions in computer programming, systems analysis, computer operations and network management, information systems management, and sales and technical information positions.
Emphasis in System Administration: The Emphasis in System Administration program of study prepares students to work as Network and Computer System Administrators.*
Some classes are also of interest to working professionals through the IT Academy ( "official" vendor curriculum at SBCC pricing), including:
- CIS 213 - MS Exchange Server Administration on Tuesday evenings
- CIS 252 - MySQL Programming on Wednesday evenings
- CIS 226 - XenDesktop on Thursday evenings
Also offered for professional is an online Linux+ system administration course (CIS 201).
- Database Programming and Applications Development
Skills Competency Awards:
- Help Desk and Desktop Support:
- Level 1:
- Level 2:
- The SCA in Help Desk and Desktop Support –Level 2 will prepare students for working
- Desktop Support Technician
- Windows Desktop Administrator
- The SCA in Help Desk and Desktop Support –Level 2 will prepare students for working as: *
- Information Technology Management
SBCC OfferingsA.S. Degree in Computer Information Systems
Certificate in PC Support and Network Management, and in Database Programming and Applications Development.
EDD Occupational Guides *Computer Programmers in California
Computer and Information Systems Managers in California
*Information on job descriptions for these fields is pulled from Onet Online, a nationally maintained source of occupational information, and The California Employment Development Department (EDD) website. Visit these sites for additional occupation profiles, or explore the extensive career and major database, Eureka, that SBCC subscribes to at www.eureka.org; create an account there using the SBCC site ID code: VUOHNDU.