Textbook Refund Policy
- With the exception listed below, textbooks are fully refundable for the first two weeks of the semester. After the expiration of the refund period, all text sales are final.
- A receipt and student ID are required for ALL refunds. There are no exceptions to this rule. It is a safeguard to discourage the theft of textbooks and we are consistent in applying this policy.
- You must also have dropped the course associated with the textbook to qualify for a refund. Drops are verified and if there is no drop on record, than no refund will be granted.
- New books must be returned unmarked, without water damage or wrinkled covers. If there is any damage, the book will be refunded as USED, i.e. at a 25% discount.
- Special care must be taken with the many custom book packages currently in use. To get a refund, ALL the components of the package must be present. If the software often included with the package has been used or a component of the package is missing, no refund can be granted. There is a $2.00 service charge to re-shrink wrap any package.
- If a purchase was made with a check, there is a ten business day waiting period before a cash refund can be made. A voucher will be issued giving the date cash can be returned. The exception to this policy is if proof can be shown that the check has cleared the bank.
- Purchases made with a credit card will be refunded to the card. No cash refunds are made for credit card purchases. Please make sure to bring the card when seeking a refund as the bank charges us for manual entry of card numbers.
- The exceptions to this policy include classes cancelled by the college, a change in instructors, military call up of reservists, or medical disability. Defective materials are replaced at any time.
- Books from prior semesters are not refundable.